Here’s what I’ve been sewing and knitting lately.
Lots of dresses for my little girl. This was a set of matching dresses for all the girl cousins as well. Many more that go right into the drawer and then in the wash and round and round again.
Another heart quilt which hangings in my daughter’s room.
A twin-sized Plus Quilt for my daughter’s new bed.
And I finally finished knitting this sweater for myself. It got a blue ribbon at the local fair.
This quilt was a graduation gift the came together quickly based on this pattern, with fabric from my stash. I re-worked the dimensions of the quilt by making the hearts 4″ square rather than the 2″ or 5″ in the original pattern. The finished quilt was around 50 x 60.
I machine quilted on the diagonal in a ‘V’ pattern and bound it with strips of the various colors.
It was done in less than 3 weeks!
I finally finished my sister’s wedding present! Its only a year and a couple of months late.
I hand-quilted straight lines in the string sections, ovals in the sashing, squares inside squares in the white border and parallel lines in the outer border.
The back has a strip of pieced scraps down the middle. The quilt is a queen size.
I’ll hand deliver it next month and hope they enjoy it for many years to come.
The previous post about this quilt is here.
This winter has been in sharp contrast to last, with hardly any snow. Last year at this time we still had large piles.
Our first bloom year was a snowdrop, followed by a winter aconite on March 10th.
A few days later we got a little sleet to go around it.
The crocuses will be up soon too. This year is our earliest first blooms since we’ve lived here.
First bloom 2015: April 13
First bloom 2014: April 14
First bloom 2013: March 31
First bloom 2012: March 19
First bloom 2011: April 4
This sweater was a Christmas gift for my little girl. As my husband will attest, I can rarely follow a recipe when cooking. This was that kind of knitting project. I used another cardigan pattern to get the gauge/sizing right, but then proceeded to knit it in the round, change the pattern from garter stitch to fair isle , steek it up the front, change the ribbing and the button band, and come out with an all-together different sweater. And I learned more in the process.
When I went to buy the buttons, I decided to go for an assortment of animals. She loves them.
At least this one fit when I knit it!