This past weekend I dug all the potatoes. I grew red fingerling,
Satina, a yellow skin-yellow fleshed potato, and Katahdin, a buff/white fleshed potato. The Katahdin had some very nice large potatoes
All together they were over 50 lbs of potatoes. They’ve been set to cure and then will be stored in our cellar.
There was a frost warning last week so we picked a good deal of peppers and green tomatoes. I also harvested the squash.
I’ve been keeping track of harvest weights but haven’t been good about entering them in my spreadsheet. After doing 4 weeks at once, I see that my harvest total is almost 80 lbs behind last year at this time. I know I haven’t yet weighed my squash and onions but I don’t think they’ll make up the difference. One thing I know was less this year were the cucumbers. I didn’t plant as many and I didn’t keep on top of the harvests.
YTD harvest total: 234 lbs.
Read about other gardeners’ harvest at Daphne’s Dandelions.