Harvest Monday 6/18

The star of this week’s harvests were the strawberries. So far I’ve picked 5 and half pounds of them. Here was the first picking last Monday.

And then every other day since, I picked this many. I could show two more pictures just like this one, but I think you get the idea.

The garlic scapes are ready for harvest and the peas have just begun. Most of the peas were eaten right in the garden this week.

Other harvests included Chinese cabbage, kale, arugula

Rhubarb, mint and lemon balm for a Rhubarb Punch.

Harvest this week: 7.38 lbs
Harvest this year: 17 lbs

See other gardeners’ harvest at Daphne’s Dandelions.

This entry was posted in asian greens, Fruit, garlic, kale, lettuce, peas, rhubarb, strawberries. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Harvest Monday 6/18

1. Shaela says:

Gorgeous strawberries! How many strawberry plants do you need to produce that number of berries?

Shaela,

I planted 20 plants in 2010, and they’ve continued to spread. I couldn’t really say how many plants there are now. They cover an area thats roughly 4 feet by 10 feet.

You have to be one happy gardener with all those strawberries! Hopefully next year I will have an abundance of them too!

3. Rick says:

Our strawberries are done for now until the second crop comes on later in the summer so I’m very jealous of your harvest. Everything else looks great. I love this time of year when the garden really starts cranking out the produce!

That is a lovely mess of strawberries. My plants are starting to produce now too but sadly we have had such damp cool weather that I am going to lose alot of the harvest to grey mold and slugs. Enjoy those large pickings of strawberries… I know I would be!

Lovely strawberries. I just can’t get enough of them and I’ve picked 20 lbs so far. Only a bit of that has been frozen.

6. maryhysong says:

Wow that’s a lot of strawberries! I’ve got to figure out where to squeeze in more plants; I love berries and while blueberries don’t do well for me here, strawberries do ok. Nice looking greens and radishes too!

7. Sarah says:

The Rubarb Punch sounds delicious! How’d your dessert night go?