Harvest Monday 7/4/11

It’s hard to believe July is here already! This week was the week of strawberries and snowpeas. Both had to be harvested almost every day. However, the strawberries are getting close to the end and there were fewer each day.
Here are some of the harvests through the week.

Monday: Garlic scapes, shelling peas, snow peas, kale.

I also harvested herbs to dry. Chamomile, Sage, Lemon Thyme & Oregano

And the daily strawberry harvest.

Tuesday: Lettuce, snow peas, radishes

Wednesday: Strawberries & snowpeas

Thursday:The rest of the garlic scapes, snowpeas & strawberries

Saturday: The first head of broccoli, on the small side, snowpeas, and the first new potatoes. These were wonderful, but hard to find so I’ll have to wait before I try to dig others.

Sunday: more snowpeas & strawberries

Totals this week:

Strawberries: 3lbs 10 oz
Garlic Scapes: 1lb 4 oz
Peas: 1 lb 5 oz
Kale: 6 oz
Lettuce: 6 oz
Potatoes: 5 oz
Herbs: 4 oz
Broccoli: 2 oz

Harvest this week: 7.74 lbs
Harvest this year: 27.74 lbs

Check out other gardener’s harvests at Daphne’s Dandelions.

This entry was posted in broccoli, Garden, garlic, harvest, kale, lettuce, peas, potatoes, strawberries and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Harvest Monday 7/4/11

1. Villager says:

Looks like a good haul for the week. Strawberries are long gone here. They are so nice to have fresh from the garden!

2. kitsapFG says:

Oh my goodness that looks awfully yummy! I love strawberries, peas, broccoli, and new potatoes. That is the foundation of some really good eating. You had a really fine harvest this week.

Wow, you had a good harvest of strawberries and peas this week! It’s so hard to wait on those potatoes…I always have to sneak some too!

4. I have long wanted to try the garlic scapes…they look so good. Your harvest is full of goodies. happy harvest…

The strawberries look especially sweet. It’s a spring harvest compared to mine. What a difference 500 miles makes.

Nice harvest. I’m drooling all over the strawberries. They look so good.

7. Prairie Cat says:

Yum! You’re making me jealous with those scapes. I got to try them for the first time with my CSA box this year, and oh gosh. I think I could munch on them for the rst of my life!

The contrast of colors between all the green and the pop of red of the strawberries is fantastic. Makes them look even more delicious.