Harvest Monday 6/27/11

Here are photos of this past week’s harvests.
Monday- Strawberries

Tuesday- Mushrooms from my Back to the Roots kit.

Wednesday- Garlic Scapes, the first Piracicaba Broccoli, a few shell peas, & more strawberries.

Thursday- Lettuce, strawberries & snowpeas, with one lone radish

Saturday- Strawberries and Rhubarb

which became two strawberry rhubarb pies.

I think it’s safe to say that the strawberries are in season. We also made a Strawberry pie earlier in the week.
Here are this week’s totals for the larger harvest items.
Strawberries: 4 lbs 5 oz
Rhubarb: 13 oz
Garlic Scapes: 9 oz
Mushrooms: 3 oz
Lettuce: 2 oz

This week’s harvest: 5.18 lbs
Harvests so far this year: 17 lbs
Last year at this time we’d only harvested 9 lbs. We’re hoping the rest of the harvests will continue to do better as well.

You can see other gardener’s harvests at Daphne’s Dandelions.

This entry was posted in broccoli, dessert, Eating the Harvest, Fruit, Garden, garlic, greens, harvest, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peas, peppers, rhubarb, strawberries and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Harvest Monday 6/27/11

1. Shawn Ann says:

Very nice strawberries. And those mushrooms are very cool!

You got mushrooms! How did you use them?

3. kitsapFG says:

I don’t think a harvest week can get much better than that…. lots of sweet juicy strawberries, a little lettuce for a salad, some veggies for a great stir fry, some more strawberries and rhubarb too, and MUSHROOMS! Good eating at your place this week. 😀

4. Allison says:

Wow those Strawberries look great…..and that Rhubarb! I am jealous!!

5. Barbie says:

The mushrooms look like they came from outerspace, but the strawberries look divine!

Whoohoo the mushrooms came in. With the broccoli and garlic scapes, I’m starting to crave a stir fry. And all those strawberries. I can’t wait until next year when I get June strawberries.

Oh my…that pie looks heavenly! I haven’t had strawberry rhubarb pie in years. I am so liking that mushroom kit. What are your thoughts on it so far?

8. Jody says:

You have a very nice harvest. We’ve never grown garlic, but those scapes look very tempting. I don’t think I’ve had strawberry rhubarb pie since my grandmother made it more than 20 years ago. It looks delicious!