Harvest Monday 4/4/11

This week’s harvest was 3 oz of carrots from the cold frame.

Also this week we used up the last of our stored potatoes from our harvest last year.

Both the carrots and the potatoes formed the base for this roasted chicken.

If the chicken looks like it is a contortionist, that’s because I cut out the back bone and flattened it to have to cook more evenly. After the chicken was done, we put the vegetables back in the oven for a few more minutes to brown up a little. Mmm good!

Total week: 3 oz.
Total this year: 1.4 pounds

You can see how others are using the harvest or drool over what they are harvesting already at Daphne’s Dandelions.

This entry was posted in carrots, Eating the Harvest, Food & Recipes, harvest, potatoes. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Harvest Monday 4/4/11

What pretty carrots you have :) Lucky you to still have some good potatoes from last year! The voles got my potatoes last year :(

I was wondering why that chicken looked so funny!! Nothing like a roasted chicken with nice fresh veggies from the garden…looks yummy!!

2. kitsapFG says:

We are still working on using our potatoes and they are holding up beautifully this year. I have one full box left of them but we are getting down to the medium and small sized ones. The carrots and potatoes are a nice addition to the roasted chicken. I am glad you explained the appearance of the chicken as I was scratching my head wondering what I was seeing?! LOL!

I roasted a chicken on Saturday, too. No vegetables to with it from the garden though. I’ll make chicken soup to have later this week – Friday!

4. Mike says:

The taters look great. Looks like they stored really well.

That looks so good. I hope to store some potatoes next year. I’m only planting a 4’x4′ patch next year I’m going to have to figure out how much to grow of peppers and potatoes for future years. I use a lot of peppers too and they are getting a full bed.

6. Lynda says:

Oh potatoes, carrots roasted with chicken…looks great…I know what I’m having for dinner tomorrow! Thanks!

7. mac says:

Yum~~chicken with homegrown potatoes and carrots!
    All my potatoes from last year sprouted (sigh), we don’t eat them fast enough or I’m growing less of them this year. We don’t have basement here, looks like the garage is too warm for them.